Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Bizarro Superman, smart, but think Brits not need help.

BS
No. of Recommendations: 2
That's my thinking, sd. If we can get enough posters to simultaneous launch posts, theoretically, we can blanket a large stretch of turf. If we get, say 20 nicks, locked and loaded, we can all launch on post 49,985, and blanket posts 49,986 to 50,005. If a niente regular grabs 50K it will be pure luck, but no cherry picking numb nut will know what happened.

Plan 2 is we just go in GMS style late night, and run several hundred meaningless posts right up to 50K, and when the bleary eyed, hung over, ultra cool, niente's awake, there will stand our flag.

Since you seem to have this "karma" about you for snagging significant posts, I think we all will defer to your expertise in this matter. What are your thoughts, General Confusion?

Major Disaster™, up extra early this am for training.
Bizarro Superman, smart, but think Brits not need help.

You got that right, BS... The American NADA board is getting creamed!

sd:)
No. of Recommendations: 4
Major, I think that the Brits have superior numbers and resolve, and they will key on the 50,000th post as it approaches. My current thoughts are that we should just enjoy the show (or join in the fun with a British Doppelganger), and try to surprise everyone according to your plan. You clearly are my superior as a tactician, so the command of the field troops should fall on you.

sd:)
No. of Recommendations: 1
I have a feeling this is going to crash the web site. Sounds like fun,

Palmer
No. of Recommendations: 1
Congrats to swimdad for his 50k's of glory.

Thanx to Palmer for being a pal.

I was catching up on posts and ended up in the UK (with sd's help.) I looked at the date and said, What in the hell was swimdad doing looking up posts from September? Well, I eventually figured out that the "9" meant the date and the "2" was Feb so sd didn't seem so weird anymore. But their 'humour' still is weird. It took me like 10 min to get this joke and by then it's not funny anymore. Maybe you'll get it faster than I.

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?id=2330001002039000&sort=postdate

Fooelle
I should've given you the hint that I needed to get that joke.....

MANU is Manchester Univ.

Fooelle
but I do like Monty Python.
Fooelle:

I'm not sure, but with respect to:

MANU is Manchester Univ

I believe that Man U actually stands for Manchester United, which is a football (to us, soccer) club over there...and given the Brits' love of the sport, this explains the man's desire to have as many of them stream into the river (Thames?)...

But of course, rugby is the only true team sport...

frog6

I don't get it because I don't know who Man Utd is. Since you got it, 'splain please.

Thanks for the explanation, that was a quick response.

MANU is Manchester Univ.