No. of Recommendations: 2
shove it right up

what a great day to start your morning!

Coming here and doing nothing, is something some people do. But most do not. Many who come here with the intention of doing great things and bettering their selves do not make it right away.

Would it have been better if they saved up $10,000 as a bank roll to get them through the first six months? Yes. But in the situation they were coming from they had zero chance of doing that, that is why they came here.

So they come here, looking to work hard, and ready to do it. Not everyone hits the ground running. I don't mean to project my morality onto anyone, but America is about helping out those less fortunate than you. If you don't believe that then you are unamerican. There are many examples, the one on the Statue of Liberty is the most famous and visible.

I live in nice neighborhood, but our school district includes some very poor areas. I personally know many first generation immigrates. Including the houses on either side of me. Many are not doing as well as my immediate neighbors.

Your life experience has taught you to hate immigrates. I know immigrates and I don't have anything negative to say about any one of them.

I don't know you. I don't know your life. Please tell me your personal experience with immigrates that has convinced you that at least some of them fit this mold you made for them.

See them in line paying with a WIC card, does not count as knowing them.

I don't mean to troll. I intend to discuss. I realize that raising the other side of the argument is sometimes seen as trolling on this board. If you don't want me. I will go. If you want to discuss. then lets talk.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.