Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I don't know of any investments that someone could profit by from this. Bonds? I know nothing about bonds. Stocks? I'm guessing the smart money on Wall Street had this plugged into their portfolios Friday afternoon.

Monday morning will be busy/chaotic unless some agreement is reached over the weekend.

--------------------

House-passed bill to avoid a government shutdown sinks in the Senate as funding deadline passes

A House-passed stopgap bill that would avoid a government shutdown appeared to fizzle out in the Senate late Friday night, leaving Congress negotiating frantically as the midnight deadline to fund the government passed.

The measure was set to fail in a procedural vote that was still open in the Senate early Saturday morning. Five Democrats — Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Doug Jones of Alabama and Claire McCaskill of Missouri — had backed it, though their votes could change. Four Republicans — Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Jeff Flake of Arizona, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah — opposed it pending the vote becoming final.

More at:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/19/government-shutdown-bill-fai...

I expect my stocks to do little if anything as a result of this. And if they do ... well I'm in them for the long haul so I'm planning to make NO changes.

Desert (CVX, XOM, T, BNS, BKH, ED, ATGFF, NI, NWN, TRP, WRE, WGL, WTR, XEL, DUK, O, SO & KO) Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.