Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a question about how to split side job income. My wife taught a one day workshop in another state with a coworker and was paid $750 by check made out to her. She then wrote a $375 check to the coworker. I think that what should happen is she should get a 1099 for the $750 (she hasn't, we've inquired as to the hold-up but this non-profit seems to be disorganized) and then issue a 1099-misc for the $375 to the coworker. But I usually just use Turbotax and admit that my understanding of the IRS regulations is limited. If the experts here could point me to the right references that would be great. What is the correct way to file taxes on this income?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.