Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
The Klein charts are what caused me to take a look at this one.

16-year - https://invest.kleinnet.com/bmw1/stats16/SIG.html
20-year - https://invest.kleinnet.com/bmw1/stats20/SIG.html

Is the business in irreversible terminal decline, or could it turn around and have a decent pop, maybe a bit like Fossil in earlier 2018?

I don't yet have an opinion.

volfan84
no $SIG position
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Its rare that I've seen a chart as ugly as this stock price. It certainly is cheap. Trading at 3x 2017 and 2016 earnings.

The performance (sales, etc) have held up OK, not growing but not declining as near as I can tell.

The company has bought back a half billion in shares each year for the last couple. The current market cap is 1 billion!

The market is pricing this thing for an implosion. Unless you think that is going to happen, the shares look like a reasonable bet.

By the way, I read an article recently about a past terrible sexual harassment culture and class action lawsuit from employees. But now, it looks like all/many of the executives are women (and half the board) so there might be a yuck factor here but I think they've gotten religion on it.

Its very tempting to classify this as a fallen angel that will re-emerge. But its viewed as a mall stock and that is certainly not the place to be in this market. Feels pretty risky.

Rob
No. of Recommendations: 2
volfan84, after your post I emailed my sister who is a 10+ year employee of SIG at their HQ and asked for her opinion of this discussion.

Her reply;
"It will be interesting to see where it goes. Think I should have cashed out my stock a long time ago. 😕 From the inside as a worker bee I say we have a ways to go for a turnaround. But it is possible. Only time will tell, if only we could see the future....."
No. of Recommendations: 0
Her reply;
"It will be interesting to see where it goes. Think I should have cashed out my stock a long time ago. 😕 From the inside as a worker bee I say we have a ways to go for a turnaround. But it is possible. Only time will tell, if only we could see the future....."

heh, I worked at a company that had a huge turn around and it was obvious to everyone things were looking up. I guess it is a matter of degrees and maybe a 10% increase in revenue YOY wouldn't be noticeable and is all they need.