Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ok Folks,

After deep thoughts and prayers, I have decided to give MDP a spin. MDP, GG and 95% of TMF seems to be all about value. Let me have it.

From the GG message:
Second, as a thank-you for your loyalty to Global Gains, you will receive access to Million Dollar Portfolio -- a $999 value -- for the remainder of your Global Gains membership period, along with an additional three months of MDP free on top of that. I think you'll enjoy and profit from your new membership to MDP

I have more than 1 years of GG left. Based on above offer, I get MDP for 2+ 12+3=17 months. This should be worth $707 since MDP is $999 "value". I would like to ask for a $707 refund. Makes sense? If not, someone please explain me the concept of value as it means to TMF and as TMF value hounds think it applies to others (stocks).

Anurag
Print the post Back To Top
So you want your MDP subscription AND a refund on the "value" of that subscription? How does that make any sense?
So you want your MDP subscription AND a refund on the "value" of that subscription?

After refund, I lose the MDP sub. The only reason for signing up for it is to accept the GG offer so that I can ask for a refund and give it up. If I don't accept the offer - which by the way it seems no formal acceptance - I cannot give it up.

Anurag
Ah. I'm pretty sure that's not how this will work. You typically cannot get a refund greater than what you paid in, at least not in any version of free enterprise I'm familiar with.
You typically cannot get a refund greater than what you paid in, at least not in any version of free enterprise I'm familiar with.

Then the idea of ascribing a value to the subscription higher than the refund price is meaningless and making a fool of consumers. What is the point in buying gold if you cannot sell it due to whatever restrictions. "Value" should be replaced by "Current Sale Price"

Anurag
No. of Recommendations: 3
So is the bottom line that you won't be joining us on the MDP boards? I suppose I can live with that. Best of luck with the refund. You won't get what you're looking for, but you know that - you're just trying to make a point, in your own unique way.
No. of Recommendations: 9
I just hanging on waiting for the inevitable evolution of this. Since now MF has two "best of the best" services (or maybe even 3 if that is what PRO is), what is really missing is a NEW service that picks the best ideas from THOSE services.

I can just see the MF marketing now.

You appreciate our "best of the best" services, making Supernova, MDP, and Pro screaming successes. Now we offer Super-Billion-Ultra-Deep-Value, which will give you the best of the best of the best of our ideas. These are the REALLY good ideas. Click below to watch the video."
No. of Recommendations: 1
I just hanging on waiting for the inevitable evolution of this. Since now MF has two "best of the best" services (or maybe even 3 if that is what PRO is), what is really missing is a NEW service that picks the best ideas from THOSE services.

I can just see the MF marketing now. [...]

It's funny, but it's risky: maybe TMF hadn't thought about it yet, and you might have opened Pandora's box...

Saarkhx
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hey Jim,

I realize you're just poking fun, but thought it might be helpful to clear up any confusion about our services.

MDP builds a "blend" portfolio from our idea services, each of which focus on a a particular style of investing (value, growth, dividend, small cap, etc). MDP combines the best of the best ideas from each service into an integrated portfolio that aims to beat the S&P 500.

Supernova is our growth portfolio service. It draws on growth ideas in Stock Advisor and Rule Breakers to build portfolios aimed at particular groups of members--for example, those in the meat of their wage-earning years, those nearing retirement, etc. The portfolios aim to be the S&P 500 subject to the needs of the particular group each for which each portfolio is designed.

Pro is our absolute returns service. The Pro team builds a portfolio aimed at delivering inflation + 7% annualized, regardless of what the market does. Pro does not draw ideas from other services; the team is free to use any tools they wish to accomplish their goal. The Pro portfolio combines stocks with options, ETFs, ETNs, MLPs, REITs, short, hedges, and the occasionally forex play (via exchange-traded vehicles members can follow).

Hope that helps...

Cheers,
Alex
Papester --

Yeah, I was just kidding and I'm sorry I might have caused you to waste some time replying to a wise guy.

Actually, that comparison is interesting and it's good to know. Makes me interested in Pro actually -- I wish that was an option for us. Since I already subscribe to most of the services anyway, Pro would add something beyond just choosing from what I already know about.

and...I was pitching a softball for the next wise guy who was going to suggest that the new Motley Fool One service is exactly what I was suggesting.

But, I know...not really.

Jim