Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
Things are difficult these days. Do we have to make them worse?

Can we ignore the sniping that has become regular here and get back to long thoughtful posts about interesting topics?

Just ignore them. Work on something worthwhile, either for where you are or for something here. And if you post the worthwhile something here, ignore the sniping little comments that follow.

The good thing about message boards is that you can ignore people without it harming your daily life. Use the ignored fool button and trust those around you to also ignore the silly insults.

Rick
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 12
The good thing about message boards is that you can ignore
people without it harming your daily life.

Rick

Another good thing is that if you come into dialogue with someone
you like you can meet them in person, as I did with MikeEaster this
morning for coffee.

He is a truly nice guy and his intelligence is obvious once you talk to
him. I have never disagreed with anything he has posted here but if I
did, and felt the need to post a disagreeing message, I would do so
with tact and respect rather than rudeness.

It's clear what this board likes. Don't blame us
newbies for picking up on it.

DFS

I was a "newbie" once as well, but I didn't introduce myself by
blowing smoke in peoples faces or calling them out. You are merely
another rusty link in a long chain of people who enter MC, annoy and
insult posters old and new, and then repeatedly say "you MC'ers
have a problem".JJ has his own style of debating, as do many others
here. This is not a homogenous, bland board by any means.

There are some that post here that are as new as you but are not as
confrontational. I been around a while but I don't assume to say "I
know what this board likes" because the board is a dynamic,
ever-changing
forum that has a few minor "inside" jokes but is mainly concerned
with current events. If you feel threatened because you don't get the
inside jokes then maybe you are too fragile to play here. You could
e-mail Leighs1-lays2 for some professional advice, she's been where
you are.

Sincerely,
JJi-(err) dub

What I find amusing (in a sick-sad way) is that you and WImP post more about JJ than he posts about anything.

No. of Recommendations: 19
You are merely another rusty link in a long chain of people who enter MC, annoy and insult posters old and new, and then repeatedly say "you MC'ers have a problem".

OK, I promise to be good if everyone else promises to stop assuming I'm a moron just because I write moronic things. After all, behind my appalling absence of anything resembling wit and charm, I just might be a swell guy. Then again there's the strong possibility that my amazing capacity for annoyingness here simply belies a tragic tendency to be annoying everywhere. If that's true, if I really am a sad example of social stunting, then the only real way for me to work toward someday becoming acceptable is to practice the subtle craft over the internet, where folks generally don't have the ability to hit me or have me arrested. In that case, I ask you all to forgive my faltering little baby stumbles toward genuine gregariousness. Perhaps one or more of you could even reach out, take my hand, and gently guide and steady me in this difficult time. Someday, God willing, I hope to stride boldly forth with the delightfully elegant charm displayed by others here.

Then again, I guess it's easier just being a dick.

No, wait. I'm gonna try. Really I am. I'm going to rise above my bad childhood and the long series of sexual and professional frustrations that followed. I'll ignore that cheap streetwalker who told me I was too ugly and stupid to have her, even after I said I'd pay double. I'll forget about my sad lonely life with Juan the sick goldfish. I'll forget about my ratty apartment with sky-blue indoor/outdoor carpeting and a funny smell. I'll erase the fact that until now I've just been the weird guy on the bus with things crawling in and out of his hair, the guy little kids point at and cry. I'll be better than who I am. I'll be someone brand new. Someone new and shiny and gleaming. Someone now interesting and mysterious.

I'll be...

a doppel.

It'll be great. Just got to think of a clever name. Something like 'AlaCartesian' or 'IsPenfieldHere?' or 'ICantFindMySocks'.

I'll be back. And you'll like me. Really. You will. And if you don't, I'll try again. And then someday, perhaps years from now (keeping my fingers crossed for TMF), we'll meet in person and YOU will say: "My God! Is that you? You're so, uh... Well, I pictured you so differently..." And then you'll make an excuse about your kid's soccer game or the plane is boarding or you heard your mom call or something, and then you'll be gone.

But we'll have met.

And I'll be somebody then. Somebody real.

No. of Recommendations: 3
"...OK, I promise to be good if everyone else promises to stop assuming I'm a moron just because I write moronic things..."

I cannot make this promise.

JJ
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'll be...

a doppel.

It'll be great. Just got to think of a clever name. Something like 'AlaCartesian' or 'IsPenfieldHere?' or 'ICantFindMySocks'.

OK. You can be warisproduct while he's away sulking about his maltreatment at the vilainous hands of JJ and his Running Dogs.

At least try to feign some modicum of intelligence though.

Jimbo the Newbie
......still waiting for the blowtorch.

Hunh......'JJ and the Running Dogs':

<RAP MODE>
My name is JJ
We'll do it my way
Your way is a dumb way
My way or the Highway.

Take a hike, Jack.
Doncha' come back no mo', no mo'
Take a hike, Jack.
Don't ya' come back no mo'
No. of Recommendations: 7
OK. You can be warisproduct while he's away sulking about his maltreatment at the vilainous hands of JJ and his Running Dogs.

War got banned (again), so he as himself probably won't be back. He's on about his 400th username because until discovering this board, he mostly baited TMF staff and political right-wingers and the occasional born-again christian. He was one of the original members of the Celera the Celery Stalk Talk Board, which was created mostly for the express purpose of annoying TMF staff members and extreme CRA investors. But that was in the good old days, when TMF was booming and the RuleBreaker portfolio was up 6394% and no one had to feel guilty for harassing The Fool or anyone else whose investment was climbing 20% per day.

Now we're all worried the party's coming to an end forever. And War is just JJ.

No. of Recommendations: 1
War got banned (again), so he as himself probably won't be back. He's on about his 400th username because until discovering this board, he mostly baited TMF staff and political right-wingers and the occasional born-again christian.

War has been safely locked away for the weekend in an old cold war bunker outside of Austin. They've been feeding him veggie ham sandwiches and borracho sauce with salt-free chips. They let him out during the week to lecture at the University, but it's back in the straight jacket come Friday.

A federal judge in Austin has restricted his computer use to http://www.drudgereport.com. He sent me some nice drawings he's done (advice of his therapist). He enjoys using vegetation metaphors.

Given his propensity to make friends with former enemies (ahlgren, JDBarron, abio87, tjosty, azurefox, etc...) I'm betting he has drinks with JJ sometime in the next few weeks. War makes a damn good martini. Of course, he'll have to explain that whole jps=jjinla mixup.

War's dating Anne Coulter, from what I here she's a screamer.
No. of Recommendations: 1
War's dating Anne Coulter

Anne would never cheat on me.