No. of Recommendations: 0
If the IRS allows you to "rebalance twice a year," does one do generally by, what, tweaking the percentages in your funds, as opposed to the dollar amounts? This is totally separate, then, from rebalncing with "new savings" or by buying and selling, though, which one might also do throughout the year?

Also, I hold the ETF VIG and was curious why the Div. yield is less than say, SPY? Maybe that's a stupid question but I assumed it would yield more? Assuming a long-term horizon, is VIG a smart choice?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
If the IRS allows you to "rebalance twice a year,"

Huh? The IRS has no regulations about rebalancing that I am aware of. Can you please be more specific about what type of account you are talking about, and why you think that the IRS controls your ability to rebalance?

does one do generally by, what, tweaking the percentages in your funds, as opposed to the dollar amounts?

Whether you tweak the percentages or the dollar amounts doesn't really matter - just so you end up with the allocation that you were aiming for.

This is totally separate, then, from rebalncing with "new savings" or by buying and selling, though, which one might also do throughout the year?

Well, there are a couple of different ways to accomplish rebalancing - moving money that's already in the account through buying/selling in order to change the allocations, or directing new contributions in a way to change the allocations. I'm not sure of what distinction you are trying to draw.

AJ
Print the post Back To Top