Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 34
since 2016 ( I think that is when you started to play it?), SHOP is up more than 40X.

It may be true that this could slow down but we don't really know. Amazon went up more than 3000X in 20 years. But you would never catch those since invariably over 20 years there will be hiccups and bad news on which you would sell out and never look back.

It's maybe too soon for some to claim that your exit was 'right'.

When arguing if you made the right decision to sell FSLY, some just reserves more time to make such a pronouncement one way or the other. They may be wrong. You may be wrong. We will see.

thejusticier -

I sure can't argue with that logic, so I won't even try.

However, I will point out this board has literally discussed hundreds of companies the last few years. When the main "misses" are an early SHOP exit and a lack of holding AMZN for 20 years, don't you think it's possible Saul and others here just might be onto something? Then again, maybe not. As you say, we will see.

All I'll say is I'm glad I sold FSLY at $90+ and put it into something else the moment the company announced through its very own press release it no longer met the standards for deserving our money (https://investors.fastly.com/news/news-details/2020/Fastly-P...). I must admit that decision has sure made things easier while we wait.

In the meantime, I recently came across a famous quote that says, "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Maybe you can think on that a bit while awaiting history's final judgement on Fastly.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.