Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Since I've been off of pill and solely diet and exercise control for a year now, I've got to watch it...which is difficult.

I also tend to buy either wheat or multigrain that is half; i.e, 7 g carb per slice; and try to have only one slice at a time (else, hard to have any other carb). Like everything else, though; depends on what you're taking...when you eat it...what else you are eating, just ate, or intend to eat....etc. etc. and so on.

I've had industrial-strength bread twice in the last year, I think. Because it wasn't the 7-g only kind, I made sure I had it sitting down; slowly ate it and savored it; and didn't have any other carb at that 'meal'. (Had some fish, I think). But you get the picture. Control is my main issue; i.e., when I CAN have something...so long as it's only one....... making it just one is the whole focus. As long as I was on the oral med, I never really made it all the way to controlling things like that. Not that I'm there yet; but, my hemoglobins have been ok the past year, mainly because being off my 'safety net' has kept me just a tad paranoid. As a result, comparatively speaking, I'm 'healthier' than I have been in almost 15 years.

So far, anyway.

JP
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.