Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Since rental companies only rent auntomatics, why did the tranny down shift when you hit the brakes?

It may actually have been when I was going 90 or so and floored it to pass someone. The car would drop into overdrive and the tach would swing all the way to the right (7500 rpm or so?) It's been 3 or 4 years and I don't remember much of the specifics...

My point was more that I drove the car in a way that I would not consider doing to my personal car.

Since I will be renting a car tomorrow, maybe I'll try this again to remember what I did, just for the hell of it.

Don't pull out in front of a Grand Am in the Sacramento area tomorrow...
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.