Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Since this is a discussion for beginners, let me throw a couple comments out (with a base of ignorance). I totally agree about IPI and SLV. But SLV looks interesting for, as you say, a non-directional play with a vertical or an iron condor.

I might disagree with COW. It is making some higher highs and higher lows, 3/8 ema cross on 10/28 so there is a mild directional uptrend. So a vertical such as a Bull Put Credit spread might work. Not a big money play, but a base hit (and yes, I may have totally mislabeled the spread!). I wonder about a Butterfly or a broken-wing butterfly with an upward tendency. Now all I have to do is figure out what the strikes might be.........

Oh, as far as the swine flu goes, it's effects would be likely months down the road. I'm learning to appreciate a couple days to a couple weeks plays only in options.

LakeD
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.