No. of Recommendations: 3
Since what I hear when that question is asked (even just "TV show" without the "sci-fi" qualifier) is "So after Firefly, what's your #2 favorite?" I answered BSG, but that's probably very heavily biased towards the fact that I hadn't watched much of the others.
- ST OG: I've seen bunches of them, but was never "gotta watch 'em all, and in order!" so I'm pretty sure I've only seen somewhere between 40-60% of them.
- ST Other: never got into any other ST series.
SG-1 or Atlantis: somehow missed it back in the day, but I've been watching the original in order over the past few months, I'm on S4 Ep4 at the moment. It all started when I checked out Jewel Staite's debut on SG Atlantis, and realized I liked it enough to want to know what came before, so I started at the beginning.
BSG: consumed it voraciously as it aired and enjoyed it all the way through, even when it got kinda hinky

Others not in the poll:
Farscape: binged that on Netflix a few years ago, enjoyed it
Babylon 5: never watched it but have heard enough about it to realize I probably need to check it out
Expanse: been watching it from the start, knew nothing about it going in and with Thomas Jane's character so central I thought it was going to be more a sci-fi noir gumshoe-type thing (which I wanted to be the case), but the characters got me invested enough to stick around
Continuum: watched it all but the convolution of the time travel stuff started making it too weird towards the end

JT,
just watched 2 random eps of Firefly last night with my son, as it happens
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.