Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 20
Since Donald Trump.

Writing in the New York Times tonight, Maureen Dodd ponders the upside-down world of republicans who so quickly and effortlessly dismissed the testimony by the four police officers who had appeared before Congress as “political theater,” laughing at their emotional descriptions of being attacked by terrorists and guffawing at their tears.

When push came to shove, congressional republicans turned their backs on the police who risked their lives defending them to side with Mango Mussolini and painted the police as the bad guys and hailed the arrested terrorists as “political prisoners.”

He turned Republicans upside down like a snow globe, and suddenly the party that loved to rah-rah for family, morals and religion was in the grip of a thrice-married, grabby, foul-mouthed Tartuffe. The party that prided itself on supporting those in uniform, the F.B.I. and C.I.A. had to go along with Trump’s crooked ways and Deep-State vilification of the F.B.I. and the intelligence community.

Will there be a breaking point?

Just Friday we learned that Trump called officials at Justice and, according to their notes, told them: “Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me" and congressional allies.

Will a single congressional republican step forward and say enough is enough, this latest "do me a favor" clearly displays criminal intent, we were wrong, and it's time for the republican party to cut this dictator wannabe loose?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/opinion/republicans-polic...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Will there be a breaking point?

No. Not for the deluded QAnon-believing Trumpists. They seem to be beyond the reach of rational argument. And they really seem too long for a fascist style government. Donnie, Dear Leader for Life.
No. of Recommendations: 2
. . . this latest "do me a favor" clearly displays criminal intent, we were wrong, and it's time for the republican party to cut this dictator wannabe loose. . .

Except why would they do that. As soon as the cult actually notices that the "Emperor has no clothes", Republicans lose big in the next election. So far, their path to election victory and continued power over Democrats depends only on the cult remaining loyal to the Big Orange Liar. They have shown no signs of embracing reality or dignity or honor. At this point, it is nearly impossible to believe that the cult is really as stupid as their actions make them appear to be. They have chosen to embrace lies and corruption of Trump in order to "own the libs". All they need to continue their path of militant, willful ignorance is someone feeding them conspiracy theories and there does not seem to be a shortage of those available to the morons.

The Republicans are going to win this battle for the country simply because Democrats keep expecting them to realize the error of their ways and change. They aren't going to change. They are going to continue to lie and gerrymander and resist and protest and use every procedure they can to stop the liberal majority. The Democrats keep trying to fight for truth and honor and principles while the Republicans are fighting a battle of procedures and loop holes and anything they can get away with. It really is a case of taking the wrong weapon to the battle.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Will a single congressional republican step forward and say enough is enough, this latest "do me a favor" clearly displays criminal intent, we were wrong, and it's time for the republican party to cut this dictator wannabe loose?

Short Answer: H*ll no.
No. of Recommendations: 5
While protesting the first closure in Orange County CA, a group of TrumpCultists tried to tear down a temporary chain link barrier that prevented beach parking.

When the right wing's beloved Orange County Sheriff's tried to quell destructive anti-mask, anti-shutdown fanatic protesters they turned on the OC Sheriff's for doing their job...yelling "Nazi's" and assorted terms of derision. The Sheriffs arrested Alan Hostetter and some other jerks who also participated in the Jan6 insurrection.

https://www.sanclementetimes.com/protest-against-fencing-aro...