Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Single best piece of advice I can give... and you may already be way past this in your knowledge, but this is huge in my mind... buy the right shoes for the way your foot strikes the pavement (a store that specializes specifically in running is worth the visit to help you figure this out), and replace them often... I say every 3-400 miles, but if you want to stretch it out, keep them a little longer and use them for your shorter runs and you can put maybe 500 miles on them max. Your joints will be the ultimate judge of how long you can keep using them. Perhaps some have a more robust physiology than I, but this simple step makes a world of difference in my opinion, and will prevent a multitude of overuse-injury setbacks.

Good luck.
kevin
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.