Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My 2002 Lexus SUV has an almost full 25 gallon gas tank.

I'm trading it in & wondered if there is an anti siphon apparatus in the fuel line that may prevent me from getting the gas out?
Print the post Back To Top
wondered if there is an anti siphon apparatus

There is either a screen or a blocking device to prevent a siphon tube from getting in to the tank. The easy way to get the gas out is to find a conveniently located fitting in the fuel line that goes to the engine, disconnect it, plug a hose onto the fitting, and turn on the ignition.
Why not take the long way to the dealership?
No. of Recommendations: 1
Request an equal amount of fuel in your new vehicle ... or a stinkin' $75 off.
There is either a screen or a blocking device to prevent a siphon tube from getting in to the tank. The easy way to get the gas out is to find a conveniently located fitting in the fuel line that goes to the engine, disconnect it, plug a hose onto the fitting, and turn on the ignition.

You mean turn the key to the accessory position? Don't want to be running the engine like that / Engine won't run like that.

xtn
You mean turn the key to the accessory position?

I meant turn on the ignition, but don't try to start it. I'd be surprised if the fuel pump was powered in ACC.

Neil
I meant turn on the ignition, but don't try to start it. I'd be surprised if the fuel pump was powered in ACC.

Gotcha.