Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Wait until Mel works his magic! Just look at pay TV since 1984....
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
DUDE!
Take your religious fanaticism somewhere else. If you want to contribute, then post something with reasoning. If you want to have idol worship then move in with Mel.

Buffy (who finds this annoying...)
No. of Recommendations: 1
Strictly scientific...Look what he did with Infininty...Relax, eat a hamburger....
No. of Recommendations: 4
Nothing wrong with newbies per se, of course. But, the quantity and quality of newbie posts on this board says a lot about what is driving this stock. Reminds me of the Krispy Kreme board a few years back, or the Yahoo boards in general.

Rah Rah.

marxtacy
and the lack knowlegde of anything about this business. Radios transmitting back to satalites, $1000/year/subscription in ad revenue, 250 million potential buyers ect.

Typical thought process goes like this:
1. Sat TV was looked at as a rogue investment
2. Sat TV is getting more and more popular
3. Sat radio is a rogue investment
4. I want some SIRI since it is the one growing the most in share price.

I honestly think it is that simple to some.
I agree about the quality and quantity of vapid newbie posts. But, rough numbers and absurd understanding of technology aside, the previous monster thread had some nice (sometimes humorous) discussion.

(btw, it's 'satellite')

Having said that, and being a newbie:

"SIRI rocks, man! You bears are gonna lose your shorts."

Ok. I'm done; back to lurking until real news appears.

Frank
No. of Recommendations: 7
and the lack knowlegde of anything about this business. Radios transmitting back to satalites, $1000/year/subscription in ad revenue, 250 million potential buyers ect.

You're real good at thumbing your nose at folks, psychoinvest, but I don't see you adding anything substantive to the discussion.

> If you have the "true" data on the potential market, then site your source and whip it on us.

> If you have real "expert" market penetration projections, the site your source and tell us what the facts are.

> If you have accurate industry data on typical advertising costs per airtime minute by audience size, or reliable data on typical radio advertising revenues by market, then site your source and educate us.

I, for one, am most appreciative of such contributions and am ready to consider both your opinion and its supporting data with an open mind. I really can't put much value on your nay-saying, though, when all you have to offer amounts to "That's stupid because I say so!"

As always,

Tom
Yes; it is part tech--and more part Siri mgmt., now headed by Mel K., a man with a proven growth track record at Infinity Broadcasting.

Remember psychoinvest, you were once a newbie, too. Relax, eat a hamburger....
You're real good at thumbing your nose at folks, psychoinvest, but I don't see you adding anything substantive to the discussion.
> If you have the "true" data on the potential market, then site your source and whip it on us.
> If you have real "expert" market penetration projections, the site your source and tell us what the facts are.
> If you have accurate industry data on typical advertising costs per airtime minute by audience size, or reliable data on typical radio advertising revenues by market, then site your source and educate us.
I, for one, am most appreciative of such contributions and am ready to consider both your opinion and its supporting data with an open mind. I really can't put much value on your nay-saying, though, when all you have to offer amounts to "That's stupid because I say so!"
As always,
Tom

OT.....but wanted to let you know how much I love your posts!!!! They are so rich with knowledge and insight....... I always want to click the recommend button when I read one of your posts!!!!
Karen
. . . I love your posts!

Aw, shucks, Karen! You're making me blush!

Thanks,

Tom
Aw, shucks, Karen! You're making me blush!
Thanks,
Tom
well Tom,
I think your always right!!!! Now when was the last time you heard a woman say that to ya!!!!!LOL

Karen
Karen, Let me agree with you about Tom. I read his posts both here and also at the Cat site - also Harley Davidson on occasion, although I currently have no investment there. He's a very informative guy & I almost always agree with his analysis. Chipper

I never said thats stupid because I say so. What I am saying is that I have read many things in the few days I have looked at SIRI as a possible investment, and I see so much as unrealistic.

You show ME how $1000/year/subscription is realistic. Explain to me what market thinks you listening time is worth that much. Do you honestly beleive that is a rational analysis?

The transmitting back to the sat thing was stated as it almost had to be fact. I said it wasnt possible, it would require far more power than your alternator creates (hence dimming the lights). Is it possible to waste power and send a signal up using an omnidirectional antenna(like used for SIRI service)? Yes, but the power requirements are astronomical.

All these things SOUNDED great as a SIRI investor, and I think people took these as almost fact for...emotional reasons.

As for recs, I dont try and get them. I may even be one of the least liked people on TMF, I counldn't care less. Dont like me? Fine. Dont want to hear me? Put me on your ignore list.

No. of Recommendations: 5
I read that most cops who spend their days chasing crooks, don't want to spend their leisure time at home, watching cop shows. The same probably applies to big-time money managers, analysts, and investors, who do not post on these boards as an avocation.

Thus, as "amateurs", I would assume that we could all learn a thing or two from each other. Although some of us may be "right" from time to time, many of us are like a broken clock, and are only correct twice a day, if we are lucky.

I appreciate and expect tolerance in the workplace, at home, and on these boards. Everybody is somebody and deserves to be heard respectfully, even if we might disagree or gleen little of value from their contribution.

Slapping someone down with a reply such as........

"DUDE!
Take your religious fanaticism somewhere else. If you want to contribute, then post something with reasoning. If you want to have idol worship then move in with Mel."

-------------------

I think we all owe it to each other to be less "annoyed", and more gracious.

Greenspam (who hopes that an otherwise nice-fellow was just having a bad day)!

I feel a group hug coming..!!!

;-)

<'))><
©2005
Vic
This transmssion thing is really bugging because not only do the satellites transmit back n forth audio, they transmit data. Data is all that is needed to make this stuff readable. I really think the power and or radio waves needed is a lot less than you know or believe. Are you a sat engineer psycho-invest? I wonder your understanding. Is it an issue of Popular Mechanics or 8 years or more of Computer Science and Astronomy?
The Satelites don't transmit Audio.. they just transmit Digital. Your receiver converts the digital to audio in what is called a "digital to audio converter" or "DAC".

<'))><
©2005
Vic