Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The weighted consumer price deflator-- the most efficient inflation measure known to monetary authorities-- rose, year over year 1.6% it was reported today.

And Wall Street brokerage mavens tell us investors that the FRB still needs to raise interest rates? Reminds me of when the Chief Investment Officer of John Hancock in October 1998 told us all that the world was at the brink of a catastrophic investment calamity.

He still appears on CNBC without anyone on CNBC asking him about his sage October 1998 comments...

The price of SIRI is where it is because of the unnecessary civil servant FRB rate increases which compromised US investor wealth in a way not hitherto seen in this country. Not even in the Great Depression of 1929 was the wealth wiped out as a percentage of total household assets as serious as the March-April 40% decline of the NASD averages.

4 market crashes since 1987. Almost like 4 huge tax hikes it seems to me or, as it pertains to SIRI, two rocket launch failures.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 8
Phronimos,

Forgive me for being so ignorant to the subject of the weighted CPD and how it rose 1.6%. I thank you for that information.

However, I fail to see how it has *anything* at all to do with SIRI, and I really find myself thinking that you could have substituted DELL, IBM, CCM, MDCM, or another stock instead of SIRI in your post.

Point is, this sort of thing is just confusing to me, and I'd be willing to bet, confusing to a lot of other people. And WAY off topic. Using the ticker in the post doesn't make it on topic. Hmm.. even on the Yahoo! board people know it's good posting etiquette to put OT: in the subject line.

Let's see you post one thing that says "Wow, I hope the launch goes ok!!" or, in the case of post-launch reading of this message, how about a comment about how the launch went from you.

I for one would be interested to hear how you feel about the company in which this board is dedicated as opposed to how you feel about monetary policy.

Howard
No. of Recommendations: 2
Phrominos, your contributions to board over the past few weeks have been somewhat lacking perspective and in fact have approached an utter boredom to other Sirius investors. Thus, it is with much regret (actually a sigh of relief) that I must P-Box you. If you ever go back to being a Sirius follower rather than a Greenspan backer, let me know and I'd like to hear your comments. Till then, dribble on.

Fool On!
jamesa40
Phrominos, your contributions to board over the past few weeks have been somewhat lacking perspective and in fact have approached an utter boredom to other Sirius investors. Thus, it is with much regret (actually a sigh of relief) that I must P-Box you. If you ever go back to being a Sirius follower rather than a Greenspan backer, let me know and I'd like to hear your comments. Till then, dribble on.

I suppose you think your post adds something of merit to the discussion of SIRI.

<I suppose you think your post adds something of merit to the discussion of SIRI. - emschulze">

One only needs to notice the amount of discussion that has picked up since myself and others have started to speak on Sirius rather that bash the Fed over short-term fluctuations.

Fool On!
jamesa40
I also agree taht jamesa40 has added to the list.

I would like to o back to the discussion on the repeater network. It is my understanding that trial have been done in San Fran nd maybe some other cities, does anyone know something about these trial and how they went?
No. of Recommendations: 1

One only needs to notice the amount of discussion that has picked up since myself and others have started to speak on Sirius rather that bash the Fed over short-term fluctuations.

My point exactly - focus on the company, not PHR.
No. of Recommendations: 2

I suppose you think your post adds something of merit to the discussion of SIRI.

Yes it does -- bandwidth is a terrible thing to waste.

Craig
(P-boxed Phrominos days ago)
I haven't heard much of anything about the repeaters yet. However, there should be considerably less of them than XMSR should have, due to the fact that SIRI will have 2 birds in the air instead of one. Of course, with SIRI and XMSR sharing technology in the future, does that mean they'll share the repeaters as well?

Fool On!
jamesa40
I wish you would look at the big picture here. Check this post out at Yahoo for a bit of insight.
http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?action=m&board=7081219&tid=cdrd&mid=13754&sid=7081219

Of course, in my enthusiasm were to be bridled I would admit that my future vision of SIRI depends on the implementation of their satellite radio features first and foremost - - and that means, the metro relay towers now under construction.

To me, there is little doubt that at some point repeaters will be a major part of SIRI. SIRI is just one star and you need to look at the whole constellation!
No. of Recommendations: 4
<snip> My point exactly - focus on the company, not PHR.

What's PHR?

And you're doing it too...