Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Just an update on my sister. After failed ECTs, tons of med changes, and over six months off work, she told me yesterday on the phone that she's felt good now for 8 days straight. :)

Cross fingers, cross toes...

Oh, and an offhand question: I'd like to call my sister more often, but when she's depressed (and even sometimes when she feels good) she'll talk on and on without giving the normal pauses for change of subject or saying goodbye. Even after 2 or 3 hours, I'm always forced to almost interrupt her to end the call, and then I feel it was obvious to her that I desperately wanted to end the call...and I don't want her to feel snubbed. Because of this, I almost dread calling her and put it off. Is there a way to tactfully end a phone call like this after a half hour or so?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.