Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I went to some training recently with regard to Six Sigma (sort of a framework for measuring quality and process efficiency -- to strive for continuous improvement, etc.), and first off... I just have to say, it floored me how often the presenter used "Google" as a verb...

If you Google this...you'll find this...

If you Google this, you'll find that...

If you Google this, give 'em all a little pat of butter, etc.

I wanted to count 'em, as I'm too fascinated by the way certain tech/brands replace or become synonymous with other terms. (Same with Kleenex [bless you] & Xerox, etc.)

"Six Sigma" & "Lean Six Sigma" have been a little bit of the buzz where I'm working lately...

Then pondering as I do about tons of miscellaneous things...I began to think...if you can become more efficient and "lean" your processes [quality meat, none of the fat]...all the while pleasing your customer through quality performance, production etc....how does a company's implementation of frameworks such as six sigma or others impact the shareholder / shareholder's value at the end of the day...?

It should be positive, n'est pas?

Just thinking on it...

And so, I pitched it to a Fool for CAPs tagging, and dear ol' veteran Super Fool TMFTwitty granted it to me.

So, if YOU know a CAP that engages greatly in the use of the Six Sigma Framework for efficient processes, maybe we can all check out how they are performing as such if you tag 'em.

The tag is there now. Rock on with your bad self + tag it baby!!

Please, as always feel free to comment, say I'm a looney tune, it not a good idea, or hey there's a book on it :)

All are appreciated.

Best,

E

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.