Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Skilling - in jail - Enroll not wall street
Madoff - in jail - A very rare exception, hedge fund guy
Raj Rataratnam - sentenced to 11 years - For insider trading hedge fund guy
Andrew Fastow - served time - Enron not wall street

The rest are your political view point and outside of the scope of this conversation.

Do you have anyone who worked for one of the wall street firms, which routinely pays billions in fines and spend a night in jail for breaking the law?

If they have not done anything wrong why are they paying so many billions? Alternatively why the government is just settling for money and not prosecuting anyone?

I mean you break law as an individual, the American justice system works as you are guilty and proven otherwise and you get arrested, but when was the last time anyone from wall street got arrested for any fraud?

I am sure most if not all are doing "god's work" but it is bit hard to believe there are not a single bad apple or criminal. I mean wall street must be a very special highly ethical group that doesn't have any bad actors amongst themselves. It just doesn't reflect society.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.