No. of Recommendations: 1
Slack is a CHAT app. That is getting beat by Teams. What is their next product? Not exactly like they are deeply embedded into an enterprise with a chat app.

My research suggests otherwise. Teams DAU's may be inflated due to automatic logins but without actual use. And the consensus seems to be that Slack is easily the superior product with a better user interface. Okta's CEO suggested (during a discussion of Slack), if I recall correctly, that companies are typically looking for the best in breed for this type of product - which means Slack. Unless the Teams product improves significantly, I would guess that Slack will be the winner. Microsoft is a gorilla but has a lot of balls to keep an eye on.

As for being "embedded," there is some stickiness with Slack and I'm not sure if companies will be quick to change once employees are accustomed to it.

But your concerns are warranted and may outweigh the positives. I share your concerns and I've lowered my position in Slack for this reason.

Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.