No. of Recommendations: 0
sllim Date: 9/22/99 4:31 PM Number: 14009
As a 50 year old small business owner, I would very much like to increase my saving in a tax free acct. (ie my SEP-IRA) I read the law to say a max of %15 or $24K.

You could replace the SEP with a Keogh Profit Share plus a Keogh Money Purchase Plan. This would allow a nominal 25% (really 20%) or $30,000 max. See the FAQ on the Tax Strategies Board for more information.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.