Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
SloanT writes:

Ok, I am not good with my hands. I don't have any desire to improve houses on my spare time.

My thoughts on property management and work are at the following link. For investors in small income properties the work aspect has, in my mind, been way overblown. I spend less time managing my properties than I do reading the morning paper. http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17492715&sort=username

I know that you say that your properties don't take much time to maintain, but I don't know if you understand my lack of desire to do these things...

Real estate investing isn't for everybody. Before I started, I didn't think it was for me. I was wrong. It's possible to hire out most all management chores but it will hurt your return-on-investment. I personally think it is neither justified nor necessary for small properties.

Regards,
FMO

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.