Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Is often what is missed when we are searching for spirituality in our lives.

Often we seem to have lost our connection to the very world we inhabit, our connection to others and even to ourselves. A connection which allows us to travel this world, absorb the problems that assail us, and still remain connected and centered.

Many I see as being unable to slow down, many I see are speeding as fast as possible through life to avoid having to look at the world and understand where they fit within it.

An exercise I have done with young people is to taek a hike and every once in awhile get everyone to stop and then;

Ask them to sit and remain silent for one minute....after the minute has passed I will ask them..."What did you hear?"

We resume our walk and later I again stop the grouop, wait, and I ask...."What did you see?"

Again we resume and again we halt later, wait, and I ask...."What did you feel?"

A final stretch is done, we stop, we listen and look and feel and I ask...."What did you learn?"

This takes time, it slows us down, and it forces us to reconnect with the world and for me to regain a little spirituality and to remember my purpose in life.

md
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.