Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 90
A few weeks ago, my stepson had to attend a funeral, to which he wore dress pants. After the funeral, I took his pants in along with mine to be drycleaned. A week later, when I picked up the dry cleaning, it had slipped my mind that I had a pair of his pants along with mine. This morning, as I got dressed, I thought it was odd that my pants felt a bit snug. Then I realized that I had just put on a pair of pants belonging to my nineteen-year-old stepson, and they really fit ok.

I've now lost five full inches off my waist. Over the last three years I've gone from size 40 to 35.

More importantly, I just had my annual physical, and my blood chemistry has improved to the point that my doctor thinks it likely that, if I continue with my healthier habits of exercise and a vastly increased intake of fruits and vegetables, I may be able to stop taking cholesterol medication in the very near future.

Yay for me.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.