Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an opportunity to buy half of a small construction company. The current owner had the business appraised by his accountant and it was valued at a lot more than I was hoping. I want to take the financial info to a professional business appraiser and get a different opinion on the value. So far in my limited research I have found a couple companies online that charge thousands of dollars for an appraisal. Is that what I should expect to pay or do any of you out there know of a reputable service I can send the financial info to and get a valuation back in a reasonable time. I was hoping to find something for around $500. So far the best price I have found was from a company named Arrow Business Appraisers who does a "Limited Business Appraisal" for $750. Has anyone heard of this company?

http://www.arrowappraisers.com/types.htm#summary

Thanks in advance for any information.

Ed
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.