Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Whether or not this is something that I should do, I'm looking to know if it's possible or not.

I've read recently about a method by which you could fund a business with money from a retirement account. It works like this:

1) Start C corporation
2) Create retirement plan for employees of C corporation
3) Rollover current retirement plan into newly created retirement plan
4) In retirement plan, purchase shares of newly created C Corp

This would thus move the money to the control of the corporation (by the purchase of shares).

Is this actually possible? I've found a few companies on the web that would help set this all up. For example:

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.