Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi guys,
I am a new fool(I mean that in a good way) and have been investing for about a year now. When I first opened up my Roth a financial advisor reccomneded to buy Washington mutual investors fund, which I did. Since Ive been learning more through the fool I decided to transfer my fund into Scottrades Roth IRA so I could buy different funds and stocks. I wanted to add a small cap fund to my roth and did some research with Morningstar. I found a couple of funds that looked pretty good with TIAA-CREF and wanted to get some input from you wise investors out there. The funds which I thought might be a good choice were either TISEX or TISBX. The fees were very low and both seemed like a good choice. The one concern I did have was there turnover ratio, which seemed pretty high. I also have a Vanguard S&P 500 index fund in my regular scottrade acount and considered getting a Vanguard small cap fund for ny Roth but really dont have $3000 right now to open it. I would appreciate any feedback on what kind of small cap fund to get for my Roth. I am very new to all this so you will have excuse my ignorance.
Thanx in advance
Arby
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.