Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I work for a small partnership with a few employees. What would be the best method for a small employer to provide before tax contributions for its employees toward a retirement plan?

I see that the options are:
* Keogh (401k?)

It looks like the largest contributions are allowed under the Keogh, but I'm thinking it would be a lot of paperwork??? If I can persuade my employer to setup one of these options are we limited to traditional IRA methods (Mutuals…) or can we open up a corporate brokerage account to pool our money and pursue investing in a more Foolish manner?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.