Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What else is new?

We made a quick run for some final stuff this morning, as it began "spritzing".

We expect several inches, starting around noon today, through the night and into Tuesday, somewhat earlier than average. Ski areas will be delighted, with cold temps expected, too.

Stay warm, northerners!

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
Went to get two new tires for the Malibu.....back tires down to 3/32s.....so time to replace them. Hmmm....$248 out the door....at Discount Tire....but they rotate tires for free and fix flats for free for the life of the tire......now 80K mile tires...last ones rated for 60K miles and got 50K from them so got a bit of rebate on that.

64 degrees at 9:30 when I went there. They had to get tires from another store - took 20 minutes for that......done at 10:30 am.....weather had changed. Now 50 mph wind, freezing cold rain, down in 40s and dropping fast to 20s tonight. Front coming through. Deep Freeze for a couple days not getting above 40 or so.......then back to 50s and 60s by Friday......until the next cold front. Nothing to keep out the cold fronts other than a few strands of barbed wire. Likely snow in the panhandle of TX.....and even in Hill Country (south of here) today. Yuck! Winter!

Leaves blowing everywhere but not from my giant Live Oak Tree - that has 50,000 leaves. Other trees dropping leaves like crazy and wind making a blizzard of them. My tree tends to hold leaves even into Feb.....but soon will start dropping 10,000 a month..... then by March - new leaves appear.....

I could easily skip 'winter' and just do with five months of fall and spring......

t.
No. of Recommendations: 2
"Leaves blowing everywhere but not from my giant Live Oak Tree - that has 50,000 leaves. Other trees dropping leaves like crazy and wind making a blizzard of them. My tree tends to hold leaves even into Feb.....but soon will start dropping 10,000 a month..... then by March - new leaves appear....."

While being retired allows one the luxury of counting the leaves on trees, perhaps
it also allows one the freedom to not give a rat's patootie about the number of leaves.

Howie52
The pecan trees in the back typically drop their leaves after Thanksgiving - and
set the timing for the last official "mowing of the leaves" for the year to the first week
in December.
It's now 2:30 p.m. and snowing steadily, as predicted. We expect serious snow AND then sleet and freezing rain during the coming 12-24 hours.

Drive carefully, folks.

Vermonter