Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My 38 year-old daughter and 2 of her friends have been helping clean my apartment, which is good - They are doing a VERY good job... The carpeting and furniture are clean. The windows are clean. The dishes are clean. My vintage cast iron cookware that they cleaned is clean... and rusted. <g>

What can I say - They meant well, and it was a learning experience - a good thing, kind of. <g>

They also shorted out my bathroom medicine cabinet light, after tripping the ground-fault circuit breaker, twice, before the circuit fried - I'm just glad they weren't electrocuted... Thankfully, the GF breaker worked like it was suppose to!! I think I can fix the burned circuit OK. The death of my daughter or one of her friends, would not be, at all, easy, to "fix". She has learned, thankfully not tragically - is taping over receptacles before washing down walls... It would be better to, also, shut off the circuit breaker to the room. I will mention that to her.

Bob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.