Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
So BPY closed at $10.97 today ($11.05 after hours) which is down about 25c from Jim's post July 2 . I am wondering what I am missing.

Without the $12 tender offer I assume the 12% dividend yield is high because people consider the $1.33 dividend is at risk. With the tender offer it seems to me that BPY Management is implying the dividend is not at risk. If the dividend is going to be cut, the stock will drop and the tender could be made later at a lower price after the cut. Or is there another part to the story?

Thinking about purchasing more BPY and offering to the tender but it seems too easy. The dividend should be announced in the next few weeks and the tender offer closes the end of August.

Craig
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.