Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
So classic new boss: the next day he told people that I'd asked them to match my offer and threatened to quit in the middle of this important project if they didn't, and they told me no. That isn't what happened at all, of course. But it made him look like the one in power so he told a completely gratuitous lie about something he shouldn't have been discussing with those people even if it were true. THAT is the type of person I'm leaving.

That's the sort of thing you should bring up to HR immediately. Even tho you & the former boss know the truth, you don't want this guy "new boss" to think it's okay to say such things. It will go outside the company and can affect your reputation. It can also affect your rep within the departing company if you ever want to come back. "Oh, yeah she left in the middle of an important project - tried to extort a big raise from us." HR should be pretty sensitive to this situation.

Congrats on the new job!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.