Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
So, despite they way it had been in the past, Peter was open to what God had to say in the moment. And that word was that God shows no partiality but accepts all who fear Him and work for righteousness.

I'm curious about something. Adrian's position is easy to understand and deal with. He doesn't believe anything in the Bible is "God's Word" in the sense that we need to conform to it. Your position is a little harder to understand. IIRC, you are a pastor. Paul in 1Co. 6 gives a list of people who will "not inherit the Kingdom of God". Which of those types of people do you encourage to accept themselves as God created them, and which do you help to resist temptation?

I think the Church should be a place where sinners are welcomed with open arms. Otherwise I wouldn't have a place ;-) But neither should it be a place where views contrary to God's views are promoted.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.