Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So far EVs still need conventional tires, but I've been waiting for them to be disrupted at some point soon.

Hyperloops everywhere.

I noticed the lousy sales of EVs and I think it is very instructive. And the real full on Model 3 hammer hasn't even come into play, although I know people getting by at this point with a decaying ICE waiting on their reservation number to come up. We are going to a world of BEVs. It should not be difficult to have increasing sales. People should not ignore actual data when they want to worry about 'competition'. I've seen it all countless times with Netflix over years and years, cries of worry about competition with various lines of reasoning, and yet no evidence in the data.

When you observe things from afar you tend to oversimplify. In practice, people at these companies aren't even allowed to wring their hands about BEVs because that brings down 'morale', so they create echo chambers of belief that everything in the old world is hunky dory.

I still think there's a bit of an opening for competition to matter. They get one more shot really, but by around 2020 this is over and done with.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.