No. of Recommendations: 0
So far the best answer to this question I've found is on the Fool's Managing your Finances: Tax Strategies Board

Since I'm already over 50 and otherwise qualified to contribute to a Roth IRA: I calculate I'll be able to contribute a maximum of $3,500 in 2002; $3,500 in 2003; $3,500 in 2004; $4,500 in 2005; $5,000 in 2006; and $5,000 in 2007. If the +$1000 contribution allowance for "over 50 year olds" continues in 2008, I would be able to contribute a maximum of $6000 to a Roth IRA in 2008.

But as the Tax Strategies Board cautions; we'll have to wait till the President signs the bill to be sure.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.