Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
So far we have won every appeal, but it takes months . . . and months. That means that I still have several appeals in process. I won't know how they go for some time.

Well in albaby's defense, he did suggest that if enough (what, tens of thousands?) people complained then the insurer would change its ways.

Because I live in a state with a brain-dead tea-bagger GOP legislature and governor, my state appeals go to an agency that is not really very helpful or much of an advocate for the consumer.

Much like Dick Cheney was an oil industry shill who found his way all the way to the White House, state insurance commissioners are usually from the industry and there's only as little consumer advocacy as there needs to be to keep the governor happy.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.