No. of Recommendations: 3
So for 2012 my income was something like 80% W-2 wages and 20% self-employment income.

You won't be able to use any self-employment income to qualify because it hasn't been proven by a 2-year track record.

Your W-2 income has declined year-over-year, but you've returned to 100% income at a new job without a break in employment.

Since you haven't yet filed a tax return with self-employment income, and were I originating your loan, I would disregard your S/E income completely and qualify you on your salaried employment with your new job.

You'll be required to provide:

30 days paycheck stubs from your new job
2 years W-2's for your salaried job(s)
2 years Federal tax returns, all pages/all schedules

The underwriter will take your current annual income divided by 12 to arrive at your monthly qualifying income.
Print the post  


Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.