Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
So, for 2013 I had this all planned out and was heading for a refund of $80 and the year ended. Ready to submit my tax return. I just received an email from a Golf Tour that I play on each year, travelling the country and playing bad golf and having fun. They are looking for a W-9 to report my gift card winnings to the IRS. It would appear that my refund will now turn into a debt of some $300 (although I don't know what my winnings were - it appears that they are north of a $1,000 and this is in Gift Cards not cash!).

so my question is - is it too late to move to Canada? - No! that isn't my question -

MY question is whether 2013 was the first year you planned on underreporting your income.

For safe harbors see Publication 505.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.