Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
So, I just saw a headline: US Stocks Lower In Spite of BOJ Move. I'm guessing at some point earlier it said, stocks higher because of, but missed it. Love this stuff.

I don't think the concern is with the direct impact of slight changes. One concern is that a change by BOJ in the amount of money it is printing will have a hyperbolic ripple effect if momentum traders and all that leveraged money starts trying to beat the rush to the exits.

The longer term issue fits a Catastrophe Theory mode: incremental changes can build up and lead to catastropic changes. Here the concern is that the US economy is a house of cards: we are living beyond our means, borrowing against inflated assets, workers competing against those with lower standards of living. BOJ has certainly been contributing to enabling this, since Japan gets a lot of the trade deficit, and although I agree it is a good thing for this addiction enabling to end, producing a soft landing may be wishful thinking.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.