Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
So I reviewed plans. Hmmm...reviewed plans. Well, how many I reviewed totally depends on how many I received. How many I received depends on construction, which in turn depends on the economy. I suppose I could say I reviewed my plans faster than anyone else in the office. But that makes it look like I wasn't thorough and cut corners. I could say I took longer to review plans, and found more mistakes, than anyone else in the office. But that makes me look perfectionist and nitpicky, and like I'm wasting the time and money of the plan submittee. Neither looks good.

Gee, that's a novel idea. Engineers who actually do plan review? Didn't know they existed, been a construction manager for about 7 years and I have yet to encounter a project that appeared to have been reviewed at all, most of them don't even look like the same engineers ever compared various parts of their own designs! Wow, I guess it was too boring, so, just ship the plans and hope the contractor fixes it instead of just walking off the job!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.