Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
So I will contribute the $2,640 to a T-IRA and that's where I want to invest it into a mutual fund, as the money in the R-IRA is less than the minimum ($2,500) to invest in any fund at my investment company (Fidelity) which is where my 401(k) is. That money will go in a Fidelity (MMA, or Muni-Fund).

Find a mutual fund you want and see if they will let you open it with a small deposit (usually $500) IF you have automatic funding into it; i.e. ACH transfers monthly. I use ACh transfers almost exclusively 'cuz that gives me a good DCA (dollar cost averaging) method to reduce my average cost, plus it doesn't hurt as much to come up with the money.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.