No. of Recommendations: 93
So, I will stick my super-liberal foster child-ing god-fathering gay male nose out and no doubt get it whacked. Fine.

Folks, why not make certain your kids know what you think about fertility issues. A suggested list:

1. Do NOT create children outside of wedlock. Two sane loving adults are necessary but NOT sufficient (I recommend multiple committed godparents AND loving aunts and uncles and grandparents in ADDITION not SUBSTITUTION), and committed marriage, real solemn contracted you are a piece-of-sh!t-if-you-violate-your-troth marriage, is a crucial stabilizer to make it through the 23 years more or less of gestation through independence NECESSARY to the job and that's heavy so for dog's sake jack off 10 or so times to clear your mind and then THINK and act with consistent non-stupidity (I will not confuse this with wisdom, but it makes a great down-payment)!

in the meantime,

2. Being horny, or drunk, or under influence, or needy or... is NO excuse for accidental progeny. NONE. Morally, financially, and legally you are ON THE HOOK for LIFE for your child and ought to be, and the rest of us are morons if we do not hold you to that.

3. Men: Correctly use a rubber or get a vasectomy but you're crazy to believe a fertile female, tugged by evolution and society, possibly (even unconsciously) looking for a meal-ticket and independence from parents or work or... when she says she's on the pill/has a IUD/shows you her rubber but not the pin pricks she may have put in it or how she spills it on the way out, is telling you the truth when she says she has the birth control thing covered.*

4. Women: Use birth control of some form (you have more choice than him), but you're crazy to believe a male, tugged by evolution and society, possibly (even unconsciously) looking to show his cocky "grown-up-ness" and independence from parents or rules or... when he says he's infertile, had a vasectomy, or shows you his rubber but not the pin pricks he may have put in it or how he spills it on the way off, is telling you the truth when he says he has the birth control thing covered.*

*Unless you have a proven deep mutual knowing of one another within the context of a longterm commitment. Incidentally, that situation is called "marriage".

5. If you cannot handle #3 and/or #4 you are NOT an adult and NOT ready for sex except in circle jerks (or uhmm, gender affirming spiritually oriented support encounters).

5. Women: Having children will NOT bind him to you. Not unless you have an older brother in law enforcement with a loaded shotgun and live in a county that is about 100 years behind the times.

Gay folks have taken up a lot of slack by adopting/fostering/helping with the abandoned child crisis, but we are super-slackers compared to the grandmothers of this planet. The grannies are worn out.

Seattle P -- for shame for shame for shame.

And why do I feel so vehemently about this? Because I would have loved to have been a father, and my foster kids and god-children tell me I have been a great father to them, and I cannot believe the shallow stupidity I keep reading on this topic. AND, I am tired of paying for the costs of all the wreckage that ends up on welfare in jail in the morgue creating sadness and grimness without end.

Zip it or pip it.

david fb
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.