Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The last name of someone, graduated in 200X from high school here locally.

The name I have for this person might be a middle name, but I am pretty sure it's a first name.

Things:
1) I can't let on that I am searching for this person's name.
2) I have already checked the libraries - they do not have the yearbooks for that recent a year.

Any other ideas? If I call the high school in question and ask....it's a bit weird, yes? And again, no one can know I am looking for this person's name.

impolite
Print the post Back To Top
Might be worth the expense to pay for a year of classmates.com.

RJ
No. of Recommendations: 1
PS, I'm not really a stalker, I just think like one sometimes. ;)
Might be worth the expense to pay for a year of classmates.com.

RJ

This person is not listed on there.

impolite
stalker
No. of Recommendations: 3
If I call the high school in question and ask....it's a bit weird, yes?

Perhaps you could call the high school and just ask where you might get a copy of their yearbook from the appropriate year. Depending on what else you know or what is normal, you might even think up a plausible fictitious reason why you want to see it.

Patzer
Well....hmmm.

I know that high school USED TO keep copies of every yearbook in their library.

Or you might try googling "(school name) 200X graduating class" and see if you come up with a roster or a program or something.

If you have any other info, such as a sport this person might have played, or school sanctioned activity like band or cheering or something like that, there might be a website listed somewhere.

Other than that, I'm tapped.

RJ - really. Not a stalker.
Or you might try googling "(school name) 200X graduating class" and see if you come up with a roster or a program or something.

Did that, already. Nothing but older classes. ;(

If you have any other info, such as a sport this person might have played, or school sanctioned activity like band or cheering or something like that, there might be a website listed somewhere.

I tried that and came up with the picture of an African American woman playing softball for the team that year. This is not the woman I am looking for.

I thought of Patzer's idea, but I can't lie worth a damn - I stutter, giggle, generally can't get the sentence out....I'll be seen through in no time. I might have to have a devious friend call for me instead. I was hoping to avoid deception to get this information, as it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

impolite
Perhaps you could call the high school and just ask where you might get a copy of their yearbook from the appropriate year. Depending on what else you know or what is normal, you might even think up a plausible fictitious reason why you want to see it.

I might have to let someone else do this for me, as I righteously suck at plausible fiction.

But it does look like it's the best option, short of allowing (read: paying) my lawyer to do the investigating.

impolite
www.zabasearch.com

Every time I type my name into one of these sites, I immediately get this chill of creepiness as I see all the listings with my name, and I think about all the people who can see this stuff.

Then I realize that the most recent info they have is 6 years old, and incorrect at that, and I stop worrying about it.

RJ - of the well-hidden past
I might have to let someone else do this for me, as I righteously suck at plausible fiction.

But it does look like it's the best option, short of allowing (read: paying) my lawyer to do the investigating.

I'm not a lawyer but I don't suck at this sort of thing. SEC me if you want help.

MOI
The last name of someone, graduated in 200X from high school here locally.

The name I have for this person might be a middle name, but I am pretty sure it's a first name.

Things:
1) I can't let on that I am searching for this person's name.
2) I have already checked the libraries - they do not have the yearbooks for that recent a year.

Any other ideas? If I call the high school in question and ask....it's a bit weird, yes? And again, no one can know I am looking for this person's name.

Make sure you don't call from your own phone (home or work).

If you call the school, just say you're doing a reference check and need to verify attendance. They don't need to know why you're checking the references. You can always say it's a confidential/security issue, which is true from a certain point of view.
Your lawyer's assistant could probably use Lexis/Nexis and have the info to you in about 2 secs (if it's legal to do that), but zabasearch might also give you what you need.
impolite: So, I'm trying to find a person's name.

The last name of someone, graduated in 200X from high school here locally."

Do you know anyone else (1) who would have graduated that same year or (2) that would know someone who graduated that year.

Parents sometimes buy graduation year yearbooks.

Try the publisher of the yearbook; there may be a few still around in the warehouse.

Seems like it would not be that hard to find a source.

Regards, JAFO
You have no last name then? How unusual is the name? Do you know what they look like? Do you know any information about what happened to them after high school? Are you trying to get contact info, verify existance, determine age, etc?

You could try using facebook, but without being "friends" with someone you wont be able to see much more than their name, profile photo, and what networks they've joined. They may be in "blah high school class of 200x" network, but often times people aren't in the networks you expect. Most people that graduated in the past few years are likely to have a facebook account.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Try the District Superintendant's office. Ours has 30 years of yearbooks sitting on a shelf collecting dust. If yours does the same, as a taxpayer, you have the right to walk in there and look at them.
Did you try the school library? They usually have all the yearbooks.

When my DD was trying to locate Vietnam veterans for the dedication ceremony of the memorial, one of our local police officers suggested using www.anywho.com which helped her to find people who had left the area. Might be worth trying that.
How about Google? Name, school and year.

- Pam (of the obvious)
Have you checked reunion.com or ussearch.com?

Alternatively if you know their address, you can work backwards by searching property records in that state if they own a house or such.

Minxie
Every time I type my name into one of these sites, I immediately get this chill of creepiness as I see all the listings with my name, and I think about all the people who can see this stuff.

Holy carp! There were tons of listings with my name, same month & year of birth too. Several old addresses PLUS my current address, even an old (correct) phone number from 7 years ago. YIKES.

Thanks, now I've got the heebie-jeebies.

Kasha