Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
So in part it does matter which study you listen too. Both seem to have merit. So my unresearched doubts were not any more wrong than your 2%.

Ok,so someone else came out with a different number, not correcting my number, but just a different number from a different methodology. So, I'll re-phrase the reason it was said:
5. Even if it did work, you have created a huge clinic system that decreased the spending on 4.9% of the health care dollars. What about the other 95.1%?

I probably wasn't clear, I have no issue with your "menu plan" although I really doubt that government, and probably some insurers, would truly respect it. I hated billing self-pay patients too much (the few that I knew would actually try to pay) but hated even more than the government regulations made it dangerous to discount for individuals for fear of breaking complex Medicare guidelines.

In my experience, Australians look at health care much differently than Americans do. Americans see it as a consumer experience, and seem to want to get "their money's worth." Australians seem to view it more as a service, and are quite happy to receive what the doctor tells them they will receive. It makes medical practice here much more enjoyable, honestly. And, from a public policy standpoint, makes me doubt that a similar coverage system would work in the US just because it works elsewhere.

Print the post  


Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.