Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
So is the consensus generally that this is OK? I mean, it seems OK to me, but I'm wondering if there's something I haven't thought of.

Someone on another board on a completely different topic pointed out that it's really about a person's risk tolerance. If you think it's unlikely to be an issue and are comfortable taking the risk, that's all that matters.

Far as I'm concerned, you're a good mother because you're considering the ramifications of your choice. Whether others agree with your choice is irrelevant. You're not entering the decision lightly, you love this child more than anyone who might second guess you, and you're the one who has to live with the results of your decision.

To look at the choice from another side, what would you do if you did have a fire at night where the baby was sleeping? Would you beat yourself up over what the child was wearing?

And though I've already said my opinion doesn't matter, I think working fire alarms (and carbon monoxide detectors), multiple access points into a room, and a predefined plan are all more critical in the event of a fire.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.