No. of Recommendations: 2
So let me get this straight, Mr. Gross was suppose to know a decade prior that Lehman was going to crater? Because the article reaches all the way back to senior secured notes purchased in '99 '00 and includes the near decade of purchases that followed. The article also alludes that Mr. Gross should have known several months prior that Lehman was going to crater when public records show that Lehman was struggling but still internally convinced they could/would survive.

Lehman did not give up the ghost until the very bitter end and had some expectation of govt assistance until that was firmly removed as an option.

Within the report we show no hesitancy on PIMCO's part to right down the debt which is a substantial departure from many in various finance industries. I don't see any where a significant fault on PIMCO's part. Sometimes investments go bad and PIMCO recognized that it occurred to them adjusted their books and moved forward.

I don't get this type of reporting.

jack
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.