Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
So much good stuff there.

"It seems to me that the COVID mutations are trending towards more transmittable and milder symptoms. It is almost as if it is like a value investor, playing the long game and avoiding burning itself out."

- as Bear will tell you, it has crap sequential trends and lumpy revenue. It is an immediate sell. Of course, Bear used MDB as an example of why to be worried about Confluent (guess he didn't look at MDB stock the past 2-3 years) and he thought TTD was a bad idea, and he sold out of GLBE. So...yeah.

"No point in killing off Homo sapiens and, having no hosts, killing off itself. Of course as it becomes more transmittable and vaccines are less effective, it will still have plenty of hosts in which it can mutate even more--and perhaps become more deadly again."

- That is the plot of every other zombie audiobook I listen to. NOT GOOD SIGN!

"So the market crashed because this new strain, which is even milder than Delta, maybe could cause "complications" for elderly (what's new) and unvaccinated."

- I would write that as "could" cause "complications". The more parenthesis the better.

"Not a lot of data here. The symptoms sound like what Dreamer might have after riding his bike too far following three days of binging streaming TV and celebrating with excessive adult beverages."

- I don't drink adult beverages much anymore. Always thought I would start smoking pot when it got legalized in the states. I could see biking/pot after binging food (because of the pot) could lead to unfortunate outcomes.

"So, I don't think the spasm will last, but I hesitate to deploy remaining cash in order to capture a 2% rebound. Now, if I had Dreamer's stash of cash I might dabble a bit in malls and resto's the coming week."

- I think SPG has to move lower before I think it is a buyable dip. Plus, the early news on Black Friday shopping has been mixed. I think overall traffic was well-above 2020 (duh) but still 25% or so below 2019 levels, which surprised me. I have read elsewhere that there is a divide in the country, economically, in terms of this rebound since March 2020. I think the SPG target crowd of upper-class are actually shopping MORE, but the market will only hear "less shoppers" and probably all retail/mall gets punished. Other tidbits are that people shopped earlier this year for holidays and that ecommerce has been good and is expected to set yet another new record. Shopify said its clients set a new sales record. So what to take from all that? GLBE feels good still, so there's that.

Final comment: Omicron is an anagram of Moronic. As in "it is moronic that we are still dealing with covid".

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.