Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
so one has to treat it with the proper sanctification and genuflection...

My wife has to constantly remind me not to do that at Temple. I do it just to piss her off and get a giggle out of the kids these rare days that I go to Temple with them. They get me back when I drag them to the gothic cathedral for special holidays to sing hymns of praise in German while the pipe organ blasts the morning coffee through my veins. At least there are no soldiers with machine guns guarding the church here in Vienna. Going through a passport and body search to step in the Temple here with six large soldiers holding some serious iron is the reason I genuflect once I get inside. <ggg>

GGers, disregard his slurs on AMD. Great company. Some even think it might become a prince to Intel's king over the next couple of years, as opposed a monkey to Intel's gorilla. Me, I can hardly spell gorrila, so WTFDIK...

It's like this:

C - R - O - W

You want to go down the Intel/AMD gorilla/monkey vs. king/prince path again? I don't. Skip back a few posts and chat with BeRealCNBC. You two can chat discontinuous innovation. I can't afford to as silent gorilla Intel has kicked into the high compounding effects of being a long term holding. Let's just say that there are a lot of devices that need chips and microprocessors these days and that is only going to grow in the future. Gateway has talked to Transmeta and Michael Dell recently announced they are talking with Transmeta as well. Intel will continue to have their work cut out for them, but I'm liking the company an awful lot from an underlying business metric point of view. I wish my voice could print cash like that after my 15 years in the business. I'm afraid the advantage goes to the gorillatone over the baritone.

As for ELON, BB, could that actually be one of the three or four companies out there that you don't own?

You nailed me and you know I love it.

Not to worry. My dozens of daily posts are still fewer than your collection of collected posts that point to the posts others have made. I think we need to get out with our mates a little more often. <ggg>

Now that we've given the Fools on the GG board our version of fun with each other, I need to get on with my dozen posts before bedtime quota. After all, I'm leaving on a jet plane come Sunday 8 AM for 2 months of R&R. I won't be around too much until the end of August outside of the Rule Maker seminar. At least I have golf for my withdrawal during those 2 months.

Should we make a wager? How about you count how many trades you do between July 2 and August 20th. I'll count how many rounds of golf I play in California during that same time period. Whoever has the highest number wins and buys the tickets to the Ring next year. Die Walküre got me pumped and I think I can handle the whole tamale now. By the way, my preference is an aisle seat in about the 23rd row. That allows me to go out for a walk and grab a snack at various times during the opera to refresh my mental state before absorbing more of Richard's tunes.

BB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.